Leslie J Boykin Criminal Attorney at Law
You've Come to The Right Place
- Leslie J. Boykin started her law firm in the Summer of 2005, less than nine months after being licensed by the State of Texas to practice law. She has always intended on being a Criminal Defense attorney, since she was a teenager, growing up in East Texas. Born and raised in a family who treasured the right to vote, and used it, gave her a close look at Government and the way it worked.
- She pursued Government studies at the University of Texas at Austin and moved here two days after graduating high school. But she soon realized her calling would be better fulfilled with a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, and she obtained that in 1999 from Sam Houston State University, in Huntsville, Texas. Then she went on to obtain her Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas.
- For over fifteen years now, Leslie Boykin has served clients in the Austin/Travis County community, as well as in surrounding counties. She believes in the 6th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, that, among other things, all accused Defendants in criminal cases have the right to representation, and therefore still accepts some court-appointed cases in which she assists indigent clients (Travis County only). It was by taking these appointments, as a young, solo defense attorney, that she gained trial experience in several different areas of criminal defense. She also became one of the defense attorneys in the first-ever Travis County Mental Health Special Reduction Docket (Mental Health Court), and after ten years of taking those appointments, she’s gained more knowledge than the average defense attorney, on how to represent, treat and assist clients who have one or more mental health diagnoses.
- After all this time, with thousands of clients represented and both jury and bench trials won, clients continue to be pleased with her representation, and she enjoys guiding them in the right direction so that they may better their own lives.
- Leslie spent over eight years, during her college years, working in the service industry (Restaurants and bars), so she understands the heart of what customer service is – making the client feel comfortable, and listening to what they want and expect. She strives hard to give them the care and attention they deserve, and to keep them informed at every stage of the case’s progression. Her Paralegal keeps the lines of communication flowing while she is in court each day.
- Standing between the Accused and the Government, while defending the Constitution, is a dream come true for Leslie. Our law office guarantees representation by an attorney with the highest ethical standards, who charges reasonable fees for services provided, and who is available to clients as needed. Leslie Boykin works with the intention of obtaining the fairest, most just and reasonable disposition for her clients. She is licensed to practice in all State courts, as well as in the Western District of the United States Federal District Court. She has also completed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Program (SFST) Instructor Course (2015 curriculum).